1.10.2011

The Return!

Welcome back!


I have been away for a long time and have finally made the long trek back to the US of A. My vacation was amazing.. So amazing in fact I didn't want to leave but I just keep reminding myself I'm this much closer to Graduation!
flickr.com

Well, down to the nitty gritty. This will be a rather personal post folkies. See the past couple of days I've been thinking a lot about my future. And like any normal young adult.. I've been panicking. See I've got this crazy decision to make.. After graduating I have the option to live in the States for an additional year, working in the field of my degree and basically gaining a ton of experience and creating a nice foundation for my career. Now here's the problem..
etsy.com

I have lived away from home since the age of 16. The first two years were spent in the beautiful British Columbia of Canada, and now at the age of 18, almost a full year in the States. I love my parents unconditionally for giving me these amazing opportunities, studying in three different continents and countries by the age of 18 is an experience many would give a lot for, but it has gotten to the point where I just want to go home.


I know, I know.. how could I?! How could I possibly even dream of giving up the chance for living in the states an extra year to do what I love?! I would be crazy to give up this opportunity and when it comes to this time next year maybe I won't; but at the moment I'd be hard to convince that it is the right choice.


See I believe I should hurry straight back home after grad. Not just because I miss my family like crazy but because I think why not start investing my time in a place where I believe I will spend the rest of my life? I love my home, I love my island, I love my country. I would like to do what I love and make money for it with my family nearby. These days the closest I get to them is a computer screen and a microphone.. and that's just not enough sometimes. 
blog.oddcast.com

Basically I'm making the decision that I may live to regret for the rest of my life in a year. Or.. I could be making the decision that I live to love for the rest of my life. Either way, I just hope for a happy ending.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's one more year in the whole scheme of things.....go for it, then you have the rest of your life to live where you please.

e. said...

I appreciate your opinion! Definitely will keep an open mind about things