12.08.2010

How 'bout That Healthcare!?

I've heard such crazy debate on the health care situation in America. 
So I was a little nervous when it came to my situation as an international student with the flu.
Well we drove for a couple of hours. Got turned away a couple of times. Weren't even given options a couple of more times. But eventually we stopped at a nearby clinic with an amazing nurse who made some calls for us and got us on our way.
Oh gosh were my parents relieved.
And me too! Seeing as it is my health and all.
It wasn't just that no-one even recognized my health insurance card, but some receptionists didn't even look up before they muttered a heavy "no". If it wasn't for that one nurse who cared, even though there was a full waiting room behind me, we would probably still be searching six months later!
So yes! We got turned down a million and one times, but we found what we were looking for thanks to just one person! It made the journey so much more worthwhile. 

0 comments: