3.26.2011

Taxes?

Well, lookie-here! After living in Canada for two years on a student visa, and not having to pay taxes for whatever reason, within a year of living in America I receive an email from the amazing people over in the International Department at my college, informing me that it is Tax time and would I be so kind as to fill out and turn in my forms...

I WAS SO CONFUSED.
wardgossip.blogspot.com
Call me young, but I've never had to fill out any such forms and too be honest, I was a little confused that I had to.. after all, I've only been studying here for eight months. Never-the-less, I toughened up and headed into the office to fill out those daunting forms. Luckily, the department looking after the international kids at my college is stellar, and they made it a walk in the park. However! I do have one qualm on others behalf.. Had my advisor not emailed me, I would be currently walking around with not a clue that it was tax time. So, my advice for you international students is to create a bond with your international adviser if you have one! Or at least bring up the talk of taxes to any other international kids you may have befriended.

Good luck duckies!
thecoolestanimals.com

0 comments: